Thursday, June 17, 2004

Ch-ch-ch-changing.

Yeah, I've done the "oh I'm so angry with the B*** Administration" thing since I started this blog.

And I am.

But now I just kind of feel sorry for it, like I felt sorry for the child murderer at the end of "M."

Some of it will be over soon, I believe.

Other stuff will linger. The important stuff will only get resolved over the next four years: are we still a republic? Do we get some of our freedoms back? Do we figure out that our democracy is stronger than nihilism, or do we NOT figure it out, only to figure out eventually that it isn't?

I'll probably weigh in on things I think would help us maintain our society, but that won't be the focus of this blog anymore. There are too many voices now. I'm too polite to "pile on." (!)

And anyway, people (especially bloggers) need to start thinking about the things that need to be done going forward. Having Kerry in the White House doesn't mean we're home free.

So I'm going to post what I think, sometimes, and what I'm feeling, sometimes, and I'll probably write more about my life, or make shit up, or whatever. In any case, we'll see where it all goes.

No comments: