Saturday, August 14, 2004

Los Angeles Insight

I'm taking the folks at lablogs.com up on their weekly quiz:

1. Where is the last place you ate out?
El Guapo Mexican food, on Melrose just west of Formosa. The food was so-so, the Olympics were screeching too loudly from every TV (wtf with the DNA strands? I thought I was watching a remake of Logan's Run), but the company and the margaritas were good. Parking, not so much.

2. How often do you eat out?
I won't count lunchtime trips to Subway. Probably 2-3 times a week.

3. Where is the place you eat most?
Zankou Chicken.

4. Where do you tell your friends that they "have to try"?
Sushi Hama on 2nd Street in Little Tokyo.

5. What dish do they have to order when they get there?
As silly as it sounds, I tell people to try the salmon. I think salmon is a great way to tell a good sushi place from a bad one, since it's hard to make raw salmon actually taste good. When in season, I also insist they try the TWO kinds of toro.

6. Where do you eat when money is not a concern?
Tam O'Shanter

7. Where do you eat when money is tight?
Zankou Chicken (money must be tight a LOT, since that's also my answer to #3).

8. What restaurant have you wanted to try but haven't been to yet?
Langer's Deli

No comments: