Sunday, September 23, 2007

HDNet Movie Programming

Sometimes I sit idly, imagining the programming meeting between the HDNet staff and Mark Cuban.

HDNet Staff:  "This month we're looking at programming movies shot from 1971 to 1975 and set in the deep south."

SILENCE

HDNet Staff: "Mr. Cuban?  71 through 75?  Deep south?"

Mark Cuban:  "You know what I want to know.:

HDNet Staff: "Honestly, no, Mr. Cuban.  I'm new here and..."

Mark Cuban:  "It's in the employee manual, for Christ's sake.  Page 75."

HDNet Staff:  "Right.  I see it."

Mark Cuban:  "Then you now know the sole criterion for programming movies on my movie network.  I don't give a fuck when they're shot, or where they're set, or whether they're historical or whatever nonsense you people want to talk about."

HDNet Staff:  "Yes, sir.  Now I know, sir."

Mark Cuban:  "And?"

HDNet Staff:  "And yes."

Mark Cuban:  "And yes WHAT, you maggot?"

HDNet Staff:  "And yes, Harry Dean Stanton's in it."

Mark Cuban:  "OKAY THEN."

And he hangs up the phone.

, "is Harry Dean Stanton in it?"

No comments: