Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Seventh Bullet Point

People ask me why I'm supporting Barack Obama.  My friends are split between Obama and Clinton supporters (as, until fairly recently, was I).  I listed some reasons back in February, but in person I usually just stick to the seventh bullet point from that post:
That the Iraq war is going to heat way up between now and November, and its renewed prominence in the campaign is going to make Obama's consistent opposition to the war a much bigger deal than it seems to be in the primary.
I always feel a little guilty saying this, because although it seems completely rational and obvious to me, I certainly don't want it to sound like I'm hoping for things to heat up so that it helps get my candidate elected.

Unfortunately, my bullet point seems to have become reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The reason I'm voting for Obama is that he will fix my computer - and more! See http/obamawill.com