Monday, March 17, 2008

Useless stat of the day

My Macbook Pro, running Leopard, has been running for 33 days, 13
hours and 40 minutes without a restart.

I have the sense that it was only about 5 years ago that I would have
to reboot my computer (hand-built XP desktop) every few days because
some misbehaving background task would get a little too close to the
operating system; of course, I was running professional compositing
software on it, but still, it really does feel like both XP and OS X
are far more stable operating environments these days than ever
before. (I have no experience running Vista.)

These days, pretty much the only reason I have to reboot is because
some software update requires it. (This is more true on the XP side
because I have to run virus and adware software in the background.)

Cudos, Mr. Gates and Mr. Jobs (and presumably Mr. Torvalds)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe all the shit I had to listen to from you about PC's vs Mac and now you're a Mac person and I'll just never get that apology.